Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

Introduction

My name is Liza. I'm a single mother of two boys. This is my first attempt to blog, or what I like to refer to as an online diary. My, how times have evolved! Most of us have kept a diary at one point in our lives, one that we kept from public view. After all, it was a collection of our private thoughts. Mine even had a lock on it to discourage any possible "intruders". Now here I am, sharing my life to the whole world as more and more people are doing the same. With my blog, I intend, (even at the lowest level), to impart a few words of wisdom to my readers, to share my innermost thoughts, encourage discussion with the intent of learning something new from everyone, and somehow inspire single mothers.

I didn't know what to call my blog so I entitled it "Ever Hopeful, Ever Thankful" because it best describes my belief; that there is a reason behind life's uncertainties, there is always hope and that being grateful for even the smallest things will surround our lives with the positive energy that will enrich us in all aspects of our lives. I truly believe that something good will always happen, that there is a reason for my existence, my children, and yes, even my unsuccessful relationship. There are reasons why we made the mistakes we made. Keeping a positive outlook is not easy at times. It's quite normal to be sad and angry. In fact, it's encouraged to talk about your feelings and appropriately act on them as it is healthier for us to express sadness and grief, anger or frustrations and of course, joy and happiness. Anyway, no matter what the circumstance is, I strongly believe that there is a reason for it happening, one that is meant to teach us a lesson, to make us stronger and wiser. When unpleasant things happen to me, I focus on the positive rather than dwell on the negative. Why waste your energy on negativity when you can use it to reflect on how it can improve you as a person? In my blog, I will share with you my experiences and why I chose to let the universe and the supreme power improve my life.

I'd like to hear from you. I'd like to hear about your experiences and what you do to surround yourself with positive energy. Everybody is a teacher in his or her own way. We are all different in many ways. Religion, race and color may differentiate us but I believe that everyone is good in nature and when we make small contributions to make this world a better place to live in, our differences can unite us. We can live in harmony if we open our hearts in acceptance of others.

Be hopeful. Be thankful. God Bless!

No comments: