Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Hummingbirds

If you've ever bought or received a greeting card from Papyrus, chances are, you've seen one of their inserts about hummingbirds, which coincidentally is their signature logo. It reads:

"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

I just love hummingbirds. I love to watch them flit from flower to flower. When I'm out on the trellis at work, I usually hear their cheerful chirps before I see them. I marvel at their tiny delicate bodies which allow them to fly at ultra fast speeds, their agility in hovering over flowers, and their vibrantly colored feathers.

Every time I see them, I am reminded of the beauty around me. God did not spare any details when He created the world. He filled it with great big creatures and wonders and tiny seemingly insignificant creatures yet it's these things that harmonize our surroundings. All things big and small create a synergy that makes our planet the perfect place to live in. How many of us take the time to appreciate these gifts that God has so lavishly blessed us with?

"Like a hummingbird, may we aspire to hover and to savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday." -- Papyrus

--with faith and gratitude,
Elle

No comments: